Meet The Staff
Dr. Cheryl Bansal, MD
- Internship: Internal Medicine
- Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Residency: Division of Dermatology
- Chief Resident in Dermatology - Georgetown University Hospital / Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Consultant Dermatologist, Howard County General Hospital.
- Diplomate, American Academy of Dermatology
- Maryland Dermatologic Society
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Women's Dermatologic Society
- Dermatologist for the Columbia Association Medical Advisory Board
- Women's Dermatologic Society Scholarship
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons Cosmetic Dermatology Scholarship
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons Mentorship Award
- American Academy of Dermatology Mentorship Award
- Chief Resident in Dermatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Top Intern Award
- Medical Scholars Program
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Eta Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Bachelor of Arts with Highest Honors, Lehigh University
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Mahmoodi M, Adeel A, Bansal C, Cusack CA. Palisaded neutrophilic and granulomatous dermatitis in association with sarcoidosis. J Cut Pathol. 2011 Apr;38(4):365-8.
- Bansal C, McKinley-Grant L. Toxic Beetle Bullous Dermatitis. Presented at the 68th Annual American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, March 4-9, 2010.
- Bansal C, Nigra TP. Telangiectasia Macularis Eruptiva Perstans. Presented at the 2009 DC Dermatologic Society Meeting, September 15, 2009.
- Bansal C, Epps RE. Incontinentia Pigmenti in a seven-month old boy: a case of genetic mosaicism. Presented at the 2009 DC Dermatologic Society Meeting, April 13, 2009.
- Bansal C, Hogan KP. An unusual presentation of Lichen Planopilaris. Presented at the 2008 DC Dermatologic Society Meeting, September 23, 2008.
- Bansal C, Ross AS, Cusack CA. Human Papillomavirus Associated Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Nail Bed in African-American Patients. Intl J. Dermatol. 2009 Feb;48(2):117-20
- Bansal C, Leonardi CL, Van Voorhees AS. Persistent CD4 T cell depression following combination alefacept and methotrexate therapy. Intl J. Dermatol. 2008 Nov;47(11):1204-6.
- Bansal C, Ross AS, Cusack CA. Chronic cutaneous lupus in childhood: case report and review of the literature. Intl J. Dermatol. 2008:47(5):525-526.
- Bansal C, Ross AS, Cusack CA. Digital squamous cell carcinoma associated with high-risk human papilloma virus (HPV). Presented at the 65th Annual American Academy of Dermatology Meeting, Washington, DC. Feb. 2-6, 2007.
- Bansal C, James WD. The efficacy and safety of amoxicillin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and spironolactone for the treatment of resistant acne vulgaris. Advances in Dermatology, November 2007.
- Bansal C, Sinkre P, Stewart DT, Cockerell CJ. Two cases of cytokeratin positivity in atypical fibroxanthoma. J Clin Path. 2007;60:715-736.
- Mahmoodi M, Bansal C, Ross AS, Cusack CA. Interstitial granulomatous dermatitis presenting in a patient with sarcoidosis. Presented at the 43rd Annual American Society of Dermatopathology Meeting, Chicago, IL. Oct. 26-29, 2006.
- Mahmoodi M, Bansal C, Kantor GR. An unusual presentation of chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus mimicking multiple keratoacanthomas. Presented at the 43rd Annual American Society of Dermatopathology Meeting, Chicago, IL. Oct. 26-29, 2006.
- Bansal C, Omlin KJ, Hayes CM, Rohrer TE. Novel cutaneous uses for Botulinum toxin type A. J Cosm Derm. 2006;5: 277-281.
- Bansal C, Scott R, Stewart DT, Cockerell CJ. Decubitus ulcers: review of the literature. Int J Dermatol. 2005;44(10):805-10.
- Bansal C, Stewart DT, Li A, Cockerell CJ. Histologic variants of fibrous papule. J Cut Pathol 2005;32(6):424-8.
- Bansal C, Stewart DT, Li A, Cockerell CJ. Histologic variants of fibrous papule. Presented at 41st Annual American Society of Dermatopathology Meeting, Boston, MA. Oct. 14-17, 2004.
- Bhawan J, Bansal C, Whren K, Schwertschlag U. K16 expression in uninvolved psoriatic skin: a marker of pre-clinical psoriasis. J Cut Pathol. 2004;31(7):471-6.
- Omlin K, Bansal C. Neonatal Dermatology. Presented at 8th Annual Dermatology for the Primary Care Provider Seminar, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts. June 11-13, 2004.
What is a Dermatology Physician Assistant? from SDPA on Vimeo.
Rebecca Bower, PA-C
Rebecca "Becky" Bower, PA-C, attended North Carolina State University, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Zoology. She confirmed her love of healthcare by volunteering with hospice for one year before receiving a master?s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from The University of Florida. In addition to being certified through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and licensed through the Maryland Board of Physicians, Becky also belongs to American Academy of Physician Assistants and Maryland Academy of Physician Assistants. Becky developed an interest in dermatology while growing up in Florida. With fair skin, she gained an appreciation for and understanding of sunscreen protection and suspicious moles. Becoming a mother also gave her more insight into sensitive skin issues and the importance of prescribing treatments that can be followed by busy parents with squirming children. Becky lives in Elkridge with her husband and two girls. She enjoys the outdoors and is involved at her church and in her neighborhood
Brooke A. Bennett
Brooke Bennett is a licensed Physician Assistant, board certified through the NCCPA. She graduated from McDaniel College with a B.S. in Exercise Science, and received her Master’s degree in Health Science and Physician Assistant studies from Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania. Brooke has been practicing dermatology as a Physician Assistant since she completed her studies in 2010.
Her passion for a field in medicine was inspired by working as a medical assistant for a dermatology practice while she completed her undergraduate degree. Brooke's professional interests in treating dermatologic disorders include skin cancer detection and treatment, acne, eczema, psoriasis, procedural and cosmetic dermatology and patient education. She is also adept in performing surgical procedures such as shave and punch biopsies, minor excisions, and has experience in emergency medicine and urgent care. Brooke is an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, and is a founding member of the Maryland Association of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
In her spare time, Brooke enjoys traveling, spending time outdoors, running, biking and cooking.
|Monday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:30 AM to 4:00 PM|
Why Choose Us?
- Cutting-Edge Technology
- Patient Financing Available
- Medical And Cosmetic Treatments
- State-Of-The-Art Techniques
We Accept the Following Insurances:
- American Healthcare Alliance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield- All Products
- Carefirst Blue Cross
- Compass Rose Health Plan
- Coventry Health Care Inc
- Coventry Health Care of Delaware
- Family Life Insurance
- Golden Rule
- GWH - Cigna (Allegiance)
- HealthPartners Claim
- Humana Insurance
- Johns Hopkins (EHP/PP)
- MD Medicare
- NCAS - Carefirst
- OneNet PPO
- Ponoma Valley Medical Group
- Regional Care, Inc.- MultiPlan
- Tricare Health Net Federal Services
- United Healthcare (not Community Plan)
- United Medical Resources
- US Family Health Plan